The Baba Noel Stocking looks at Christmas from an Anadolu aesthetic point of view
- Pattern Details
The Baba Noel Stocking looks at Christmas from an Anadolu aesthetic's point of view, representing St Nicholas’ birthplace of Myra with Anatolian motifs. This stocking is worked in the round, toe up. Stitches are cast on for the toe and worked with CC, and the Foot is worked with MC. German Short Rows are used to shape the Heel. The colorwork motifs of the leg section are inspired by Anatolian kilims. Garter stitch rows are worked on the top edge of the Stocking, and an I-cord is worked for hanging the Stocking as a final step.
- 1 skein of Urth Christmas Worsted (MC)
- 1 skein of Urth Harvest Worsted (Ecru) (CC)
A printed and digital pattern is included with this kit!
Finished Measurements: 14” / 35.5 cm circumference, 22” / 56 cm length from toe tip
- Designer: Yiğitcan Vatansever
- Craft: Knitting
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Season: Winter
- Needles and Other Materials US size 7 (4.5mm) 16" circular needle
- Gauge: 21 stitches and 27 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- Yarn Weight: Fingering
- Fiber Content: 100% Merino Wool