Kits for the official 2023 Shetland Buggiflooer Beanie Hat are here!
- Pattern Details
The official 2023 Shetland Wool Week knitting pattern the ‘Buggiflooer Beanie’ has been exclusively designed by festival patron Alison Rendall. These kits include colorway options in the spirit of the festival colors (and includes the original Jamieson's of Spindrift Colorway 3)!
Knit the fair isle hat in any of the suggested color variations (inspired by the festival's original colorways), or come up with your own color scheme from our full selection of Jamieson's of Shetland Spindrift colors - the pattern supports 2-6 colors - we would love everyone to join in and share their hat works in progress and photos!
Colorway 1: Yarn A - Madder (587) 2 balls; Yarn B - Buttercup (182) 2 balls
- Colorway 2: Yarn A - Charcoal (126) 2 balls; Yarn B -Nat White (104) 2 balls
- Colorway 3: Yarn A - Cashew (342) 1 ball; Yarn B - Ivy (815) 1 ball; Yarn C - Sunrise (187) 1 ball; Yarn D - Rust (578) 1 ball; Yarn E - Ginger (462) 1 ball; Yarn F - Mustard (425) 1 ball
- Colorway 4: Yarn A - Black (999) 1 ball; Yarn B - Buttercup (182) 1 ball; Yarn C - Verdigris (772) 1 ball; Yarn D - China Blue (655) 1 ball; Yarn E - Buttermilk (179) 1 ball; Yarn F - Ginger (462) 1 ball
- Colorway 5: Yarn A - Natural Black (101) 2 balls; Yarn B - Sorbet (570) 1 ball; Yarn C - Shaela (102) 1 ball; Yarn D - Mooskit (106) 1 ball; Yarn E - Nat White (104) 1 ball; Yarn F - Lomond (322)
Please note the pattern is not included in this kit. Support Shetland Wool Week by purchasing their pattern here.
The stitch pattern has both charted and written instructions.
- Small: 34 sts and 44 rounds to 10cm over colorwork pattern in the round, after blocking. Suggested needle size: 2.75mm
- Finished circumference: 44.5cm
- Length: 17cm from crown to brim
Medium: 32 sts and 41 rounds to 10cm over colorwork pattern in the round, after blocking. Suggested needle size: 3.00mm
- Finished circumference: 51cm
- Length: 18.5cm from crown to brim
Large: 30 sts and 38 rounds to 10cm over colorwork pattern in the round, after blocking. Suggested needle size: 3.25mm
- Finished circumference: 54cm
- Length: 20cm from crown to brim
- Yarn Requirements: Spindrift (2ply equivalent to a 4ply/fingering weight); at a minimum 50g of 2 colors; pattern supports up to 6 colors
- Needles and Other Materials: See pattern for gauge
- Gauge: See preferred size for gauge
- Yarn Weight: Fingering
- Fiber Content: 100% Pure Shetland Wool grown and spun on the Shetland Isles
- Country of Origin: Scotland